BBH Tsuchiya was established in 2006 when the Japanese parent company Tsuchiya Co. bought a majority stake in the original BBH Label Factory. BBH Label Factory became part of the Tsuchiya Group and was renamed BBH Tsuchiya Ltd. In 2010, the parent company bought the remaining stake in BBH Tsuchiya and became the exclusive owner of the company. Since then the production has begun to concentrate more on the automotive industry.
However, the history of the company and the history of the production of labels in České Budějovice extends to the distant past. Here are the most important milestones of the company history:
1847 - Johan Stegmann begins the production of metal plates in České Budějovice
1948 - Establishment of the Label Factory by the merger of 4 self-employed enterprises
1952 - Production of printed labels for car dashboards and bicycles, production of dials, scales and warning plates.
1953 - Production of new state license plates for cars
1955 – The Label Factory was incorporated under the SFINX Co.
1956 - First attempts to produce anodized plates by the "Bofalox" technology - Bouzek's false elox.
1968 – Started the production of self-adhesive labels.
1971 - Screen printing technology.
1988 - Production of a dial for the Škoda Favorit car (polycarbonate)
1992 – The original State Enterprise the Label Factory goes into private ownership and is renamed BBH Label Factory Ltd. The production of automobile dials continued to develop and we started work on Škoda Fabia and Octavia car projects.
2006 - Introduction of the Tsuchiya Group to the BBH Label Factory.
2010 - The parent company Tsuchiya Group bought the remaining stake and became the sole 100% owner of the company.
2012 - 2013 - Construction of the new BBH Tsuchiya building
2014 - Production moved to the new production facility
2016 - Present day = a strong and stable partner for our customers